Capitol Distributing is a highly successful grocery wholesaler, based in Caldwell, Idaho. We provide outstanding service to over 800 customers in a seven-state region. Capitol has experienced double-digit growth for 5 straight years! We are seeking a true professional with strong customer service skills, to help us manage this incredible growth and to grow with us. The Local Class A CDL Route Driver is a great way to earn an outstanding paycheck.
About the Position:
The Local Class A CDL Relief Driver works 4-5 days per week working day /evening shifts. Route duration is 10 to 12 hours per shift. The base earnings are $75,000.00 annually with incentive and bonus potential. Annual compensation increases via merit and cost of living. Our benefits package includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401K plan.
What will I do as a Local Relief Driver?
- Deliver grocery and other related items to Convenience Stores.
- Scan and track inventory delivered across several locations.
- Transport product in tri-temp trailers in various conditions.
- Physical labor when offloading trailers. This includes moving o
- Live a “Safety First” attitude while providing professional & courteous customer service.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for Capitol Distributing.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- A valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for the state where you reside.
- A clean driving record is a must - with a maximum of three points in the past year.
- The ability to obtain a DOT medical certificate.
- Sound knowledge of all DOT and FMCSA regulations and remain in compliance if hired.
- Knowledgeable or be able to learn the FSMA standards on food safety hazards.
- The ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands & fingers to handle & feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk & hear. Must be able to lift without assistance up to 75 pounds, pushing & pulling up to 150 pounds. Must be able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours. Must be able to work in temperature extremes. On very rare occasions, urgent situations arise, and you might be directed to assist with special routes.